Wines of Germany Canada hosted two trade webcast tastings for hospitality trade and press in BC and Quebec on June 16th and June 23rd entitled, Germany: The Coolest Wines on Earth. More than 65 members of the trade in each city signed in to the live broadcast to hear special guest Romana Echensperger, MW deliver a presentation on the latest trends and wine styles in Germany right now. BC co-host Barbara Philip, MW and Quebec co-host Michelle Bouffard DipWSET sparked engaging discussions at an advanced level with their knowledge, expertise and love for German wines. Rounding out the broadcast were videos from each winery explaining the winery’s philosophy, terroir and vinification methods for each of the 8 wines tasted. Wines were curated from both specialty retail and restaurant channels in each market to illustrate the diversity of Germany’s white star Riesling along with Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Sekt and newer styles like Sauvignon Blanc.
Recents News / Nouvelles Récentes
- Wines of Germany Sponsors EUFF Online Without the Jet-lag October 25, 2021
- Wines of Germany Announces Two New ‘Riesling Fellows’ September 11, 2021
- “New Wine” harvested in Germany August 26, 2021
- Toronto to Host the First German Wine Pop-Up ‘Berlin Bar’ at stackt market this August to October July 27, 2021
- INTERVIEW WITH WINEMAKER CHRISTOPH BÄCKER, HARD HIT BY FLOODING IN THE GERMANY’S AHR VALLEY WINE REGION July 27, 2021
- Dramatic situation in German wine region Ahr – help for wine producers July 20, 2021